Reason number one: we failed to confirm with the hotel that the advertisement of "free wifi" applied to the rooms... Not just the lobby. (Which for the amount of money we paid, kinda makes since, cause we are cheap cheap cheap!)
Reason number two: I got kinda mad and anything I posted would not have been very nice, so I just stayed off the internet.
One thing I did learn from this trip? It is now glaringly where I learned some of my unhealthy habits. From the snacks my dad filled his car with, to the run through mcdonalds for breakfast instead of eating the free continental one provided... This weekend was a bust on eating as close to paleo as possible. The trip Friday was good, driving my own car and having my cousin Michele, who is on the same journey as me, was a big help!
Everytime we went to eat, I had to search the menu for good options (which come on, why are there more of these?!?) and without fail,the "it's vacation, you can cheat" mentality kept being thrown around. Which is something I hear all the time, but when has cheating ever been an ok thing? Cheat at school? You fail. Cheat in a relationship? You lose that relationship. Cheat on a job? You suffer consequences. Why should cheating on a diet be any different? Shouldn't I be making life style changes, not "going on a diet?" Cause a life style change means that the hamburger I ate Saturday for lunch, complete with fries and fried onions and mushrooms, is ok. It's not a dirty little secret I need to hide. If I look at that hamburger as a "cheat" then it becomes a bad thing, and trust me, that hamburger was not a bad thing. It was a very good thing. That hamburger was one meal throughout my weekend, it was a choice I made, not a mistake or a cheat. One hamburger will not determine my health in life. A hamburger like that everyday for lunch? Not a healthy choice. If I deny myself every foo that is not strictly "healthy" then one day, I will end up completely giving up on my changes. So, I'm not on a diet, I'm actively making lifestyle changes.
Alright, so on from that to some crossfit talk... Didn't make it to crossfit on Monday, thanks to a nasty stomach bug, but Tuesday I was ready to go. (Note to self: eat more then a banana during the day leading up to crossfit...) i started the workout with a lovely little headache (brought on by the child who screamed for the entire hour of nursery.) that never seemed to leave, actually seemed to get worse... And hat headache made the learning portion a little difficult, but I made it through, learning about snatches. Which is another example of me trying to do two things at once and failing by thinking way to hard! After that, WOD: 8 to 1 snatch squats, and 1 to 8 burpees. (Meaning I do 8 squats and 1 burpee, 7 squats and 2 burpees, all the way until I did 1 squat and 8 burpees.) it was killer, by the end I pretty much wanted to walk out and never come back. But I didn't. I finished! I did walk out fairly quickly, don't even look to see my time. Just left. No looking back, even left my scandals sitting in the nursery. But I gotta say, finishing is the best feeling in the world!


No comments:
Post a Comment