Ok, so when I look at my life a year ago compared to now, not much has changed, except practically everything. I work at the same school, the important players in my life are the same, my life goals are basically the same. Only, I've changed significantly. I have a new home, a new dog, new habits, and most importantly, a new life view.
The past year has brought so many changes- I (in order) got a dog (Winchester), started working at the local crossfit keeping kids, few months later, I started training at that gym. My best friend adopted two amazingly sweet little girls, my baby sister moved (well, really just didn't come home after she graduated) to Tennessee, I moved, and I am in a new classroom this year. Those are all the "big, life changing" things... but those things have brought on so many other changes. My grocery receipt looks completely different, my thoughts about food, nutritious, and the word 'diet' are completely different. My stress levels? down considerably- I still get stressed (about everything... like, its a problem) but I don't stay stressed, I work through it a lot easier and quicker. My self confidence, greatly improved. I feel good about myself. I feel accomplished.
The beginning of October has been historically (if you only include the last 4 or so years) hard for my family. Death, Diagnoses, broken bones, all happen in around this time on varying years (specifically the 8th- but i already wrote about that- you should go read it) But this year, I get to reclaim the 8th, this year, the 8th gets to represent not only the death of my Mimmie, the diagnosis of my Momma, or the shattering of my ankle, but it will mark the SIX MONTH mark of my crossfit journey. There will be no escaping the fact that all the other things have a horrible tendency to happen on the same day every year (some one, please, please, please explain the likelihood of that) but this year, I get to also walk into the box, and complete a WOD that will represent a half year, and seventy five pounds of hard work, which is not to be taken lightly. I even canceled a weekly babysitting gig just so that I could go into the gym and complete a WOD on Wednesday.
So, here's to looking ahead to the next six months, and looking back to see all the numerous changes I will get to talk about then!
No comments:
Post a Comment