This is what happens: you talk about crossfit. A lot.
Here are some things I heard today:
"Crossfit? Is that a Jesus thing?" -guy at gas station DIRECTLY across from crossfit
"Wow. How do you handle crossfit." -McDonald's person (blame Allison on that one, her kids were hungry!) also, not sure how to take the emphasis on the you part of that statement...
"Melanie, I am so proud of you doing the crossfit thing. Keep up the hard work'" -Ms. Suzanne, possibly one of the nicest, kindest ladies you will ever meet, who just happened to be a church camp today!
"Ms. Melanie? Your shirt is cool. Is it a church thing? Or from your college?" -kid at church camp
"Woohoo on the crossfit! Keep it up!" -Ms. Julie, via a text, so not really prompted by the shirt, but still!
"So, how do you like doing crossfit?" - Larissa, as I'm meeting her for the first time to exchange info to house/pet sit for her, which was followed by a truthful conversation, which are always Super Super rewarding to have!
"So, you are a part of the crossfit trend? How do you like it?" "I really enjoy it, it's tons of hard work, but totally worth it!" "Wait, isn't that like a boot camp thing?" "No, it's......" "Oh, well it's great seeing things that say college park on them!" -lady I'm babysitting for (for the first time) (currently sitting in her living room, FYI)
So yea, I plan on stopping by the bank on my way home tonight, wonder what gems I'll hear there... From that ATM... ;)

2 comments:
I do Crossfit and I have yet to purchase a shirt that says it on it…I don't want all the questions. lol I hope you're loving it as much(hopefully more) than I am. I hate going, but I love the workout.
Ah man Rachelle! You gotta get that t-shirt! I bought three in one go- and dont regret it at all (ok, well maybe a little, cause that cost some money) and while i do get crazy questions, I also get to talk about crossfit! And i agree! I hate going, but LOVE the post workout feeling!
Post a Comment