Today's lesson: I am really bad (maybe just nervous and not that confident) at doing two or more motions at once....
But no really, I learned a series of "clean" movements... Which Nic told me what clean refers to, but that was almost an hour ago with loads of other information in between. I learned how to do a hanging power clean, a hanging power clean squat, cleans and clean squats (maybe I'm forgetting a word in the last two...) basically hanging ones start with my arms hanging and the not hanging one start with the bar on the ground.
WOD (which, by the way is my favorite abbreviation of all time... It's kinda fun to say): 30 clean and jerks with (let's do some mental math here... 15+15+15...) a 45 lb bar. Time: 8:50 (hey- I actually did remember my time by the time I got home!)
Another lesson from today: when I stopped over thinking the movements, and just did them, one of two hinge happen: 1.) I jump my feet in the wrong direction. 2.) I do it perfectly and much quicker. (I wonder how I can apply this to life outside crossfit... Cause I maybe tend to overthink things...)
Today's victory: (there are a few, but I'm focusing on just one today) I took my sweater off, and let the arm fat do what it wanted for the last 10 clean and jerks. Doesn't sound like a lot, but I (very) rarely wear tank tops around people that I don't call family...

No comments:
Post a Comment