However, of all the things I've read, first hand experiences, blogs, articles one thing keeps pooping up over and over : The Importance of a great Support System. And I gotta say, I have a fantastic group of people surrounding me! From life long friends who consistently tell me how awesome I am (who even make a dessert they know I can't have thanks to my inability to process dairy, just so its easy for me to say no,) friends who at Easter Lunch, completely change menu items to make sure I can eat and still be good on my food choices (but also sneak a small chocolate egg to me.) Family who offer to try Paleo with me, Co-Workers who put up with my obsession of talking about crossfit and food endlessly, and who willingly eat Coconut Chocolate bars, even when I say the phrase "healthy and almost completely organic." Facebook has been pretty awesome too, I haven't said much about all of this on facebook, and the first photo I post? almost instantly comments and text messages, and "likes" abounded. Here are a few of those conversations:
4/20/14
Support Systems
Ok, so I firmly believe that obsession (maybe Addiction is a clearer word) is a personality trait. And by that I mean the tendency to focus on something, and do everything you can to experience that thing, and not just the traditional drugs, alcohol route, but with anything. Like having the same color polish on my toes for the past 3 years (until VERY, like last week, recently) or binge watching a tv show (with no care given to losing sleep or missing deadlines) or the same with a book series that I finish in days, or most commonly, my researching. I find a topic, and will google my heart out... reading every blog, article and story that I find... Current googling obsession? Crossfit/Paleo/Healthy lifestyle changes. I've read so many, that I may be on information overload, and realizing that I need to cool it with the google machine, SO much information has entered my brain, that I cant honestly remember any one piece of it. Every article, blog and story offers a secret to losing weight, exercising, and lifestyle changing, things from "chew gum so you don't eat" (cause you know, when I have gum in my mouth its just way to hard to throw it away so I can eat that chocolate,) to "Exercise first thing in the morning, it will get your endorphins flowing and give you energy for the day" (my experience- all I wanna do after exercising is sleep, or just lay down... never have i been energized after a workout, like not once.... i usually have to force myself to get things done), and (my favorite,) "Walk and Talk" (you know... for all those phone calls that i make these days... oh yea, did i mention I broke my leg by falling down ONE step... and bruised the bone in my foot a few weeks ago from falling while i was WALKING on flat ground... the whole walk and talk thing? Not so much something my brain can handle most days..
However, of all the things I've read, first hand experiences, blogs, articles one thing keeps pooping up over and over : The Importance of a great Support System. And I gotta say, I have a fantastic group of people surrounding me! From life long friends who consistently tell me how awesome I am (who even make a dessert they know I can't have thanks to my inability to process dairy, just so its easy for me to say no,) friends who at Easter Lunch, completely change menu items to make sure I can eat and still be good on my food choices (but also sneak a small chocolate egg to me.) Family who offer to try Paleo with me, Co-Workers who put up with my obsession of talking about crossfit and food endlessly, and who willingly eat Coconut Chocolate bars, even when I say the phrase "healthy and almost completely organic." Facebook has been pretty awesome too, I haven't said much about all of this on facebook, and the first photo I post? almost instantly comments and text messages, and "likes" abounded. Here are a few of those conversations:
.JPG)

People are kinda great aren't they?
However, of all the things I've read, first hand experiences, blogs, articles one thing keeps pooping up over and over : The Importance of a great Support System. And I gotta say, I have a fantastic group of people surrounding me! From life long friends who consistently tell me how awesome I am (who even make a dessert they know I can't have thanks to my inability to process dairy, just so its easy for me to say no,) friends who at Easter Lunch, completely change menu items to make sure I can eat and still be good on my food choices (but also sneak a small chocolate egg to me.) Family who offer to try Paleo with me, Co-Workers who put up with my obsession of talking about crossfit and food endlessly, and who willingly eat Coconut Chocolate bars, even when I say the phrase "healthy and almost completely organic." Facebook has been pretty awesome too, I haven't said much about all of this on facebook, and the first photo I post? almost instantly comments and text messages, and "likes" abounded. Here are a few of those conversations:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment